Commercial Insurance Account Specialist
Harper Woods, MI (Remote)
Excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented insurance professional with exceptional communication skills looking to take the next step in their insurance career. BakerHopp is adding a Commercial Insurance Account Specialist to the team and they will have direct impact on the success of our clients while strengthening our relationships with them.
This position combines direct client interaction with the account management in our Entrepreneurial Business Unit (small business) and the opportunity to manage the critical flow of certificates across the department. The responsibilities of this position allow you to work directly with the Middle Market Account Managers providing exposure to and gaining knowledge with complex clients. All of the accountabilities for this position are extremely important to client service, with certificates being a primary component to building a successful foundation of client service.
BakerHopp Insurance Group is a commercial insurance-focused agency with a clear purpose of contributing to the success of others, and we’re looking for great professionals to join our team. Our core values include believing in who we are and where we are going, acting accountable to each other and building strong client relationships through extra-ordinary service. If our team and this position sound like a good fit for you, we would love to talk.
- Servicing Entrepreneurial Business Unit (small business) book of business
- Certificate administration lead
- Assist Middle Market Account Managers
- Back Agency Administrator
Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Direct contact for client service.
- Manage requests for and process Certificates of Insurance documents.
- Manage requests for and process Evidence of Property documents.
- Manage the renewal process to meet delivery of renewal policy 30 days in advance according to agency guidelines.
- Perform all necessary remarketing activities related to existing EBU clients, as needed or required.
- Prepare Replacement Cost Estimator reports.
- Retrieve loss runs.
- Binding of renewal policies with carriers including updating TAM.
- Invoice agency bill policies and endorsements.
- Experience Modification analysis (using ModMaster) if required.
- Prepare Proposals.
- Policy checking.
- Obtain change information from insured, request endorsements, update TAM, send confirmation letter to insured.
- Process endorsements.
- Manage non-pay notices and process finalized cancellations.
- Follow-up calls to carriers and insureds for information requests.
- Obtain change information from insured and process.
- Contract review.
- Report claims to carriers and manage claim process to resolution.
- Cross-sell additional lines of coverage.
- Maintain knowledge of markets.
- Attend client meetings as requested.
Middle Market Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor certificate Inbox and Issue certificates for Middle Market Accounts
- Check and process endorsements
- Check and process audits.
- Order loss runs and Experience Mods for renewals
- Retrieval and entry of claim information and updates from carrier into TAM.
- Create monthly expiration spreadsheet for department and Account Managers
- Back-up departmental teammates.
- Assist on agency key accounts as needed:
- Responsibilities to be determined
Agency Administrative Support:
- Share back up Office Coordinator responsibilities including lunch three days per week.
- Primary bathroom and coffee break phone back up for Office Coordinator. Phones may be answered from workstation.
- Serve as primary back up when Office Coordinator is sick or out of the office for partial days or up to two consecutive days. If Office Coordinator will be absent for more than two days, she will create a schedule to include additional staff members (but to include Commercial Account Coordinator) in advance of the time off.
- Individuals taking vacation are responsible for finding back-up coverage for regularly scheduled Office Coordinator duties.
- Active Property and Casualty license
- 2 years of commercial insurance experience
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- TAM and/or Epic experience preferred
Position Benefit Highlights:
100% remote workstyle available
Paid time off: paid vacation days, paid holidays including your birthday, personal and sick time included in PTO bundle
Medical coverage: BakerHopp pays 80% of the premium for both employees and eligible family members
Dental and Vision: available on a voluntary basis
BakerHopp pays 100% of life, short term and long-term disability insurance
401k plan: sponsored 401k retirement savings plan which includes employer match
BakerHopp sponsors education opportunities
BakerHopp Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resumé and cover letter to Shannon Greene, Director of Client Service, at email@example.com.